Accessible Customer Service Plan Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Vars Concrete is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Vars Concrete requires its customers to be served in a manner that respects all customers’ dignity; independence; and integration equally. A copy of this plan is available for download here
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Vars Concrete will notify customers promptly. A clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the Head Office and at any relevant work site, if deemed necessary.
Vars Concrete will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Management; Superintendents and Office Staff.
This training will be provided to staff within 3 months of the hire date.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Vars Concrete’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Vars Concrete’s goods and services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Vars Concrete provides goods and services to people with disabilities can call the head office at (613) 835-2523 or email email@example.com.
All feedback, including complaints, will be investigated and addressed as deemed appropriate.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Vars Concrete that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.